1. This agreement constitutes an order for wedding portrait services, including wedding pictures as agreed by both parties: Jewell Photography and client. Unless otherwise specified, it is understood that nay an all rights to proofs, final or ample prints, thereof shall remain property of Jewell Photography and may be used for advertising, marketing, display or any other purpose thought proper by Jewell Photography.
2. If the photographer, Jewell Archie, cannot perform this agreement in whole or in part due to an emergency, casualty, injury, acts of God or nature or terror or other cause beyond the control of the parties due to further liability with respect to this agreement no liability with respect to this agreement will be held to Jewell Photography. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in mail, or otherwise lost or damaged with fault on the part of the photographer. Client(s) agree that an entire wedding cannot be replicated, reenacted or repeated for the purpose of a re-shoot and limits Jewell Photography liability to the amount paid in this contract.
3. In the event of and extenuating circumstance on Jewell Photography’s part, Jewell Photography will find and hire an alternative photographer or reimburse the full amount paid to the customer, including the retainer fee. Jewell Photography will not be held liable for services not rendered. To receive a full refund, Jewell Photography must be notified 60 days before the wedding day; if not, Jewell Photography will get to keep everything that has been paid for up until that point. Jewell Photography also has 90 days to refund the money upon receiving notification that the wedding was cancelled.
4. On signing this agreement by both parties hereto, Jewell Photography will reserve the time agreed upon and will not make another reservation for the specific time frame.
5. A 25% retainer is needed to secure your date and time of wedding. The 25% retainer is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or date change. The 25% retainer covers the time spent coordinating pre wedding arrangements and securing a date which would otherwise be unavailable to other clients. The retainer will be applied towards the total amount billed. The remaining balance is due one week prior to the wedding date.
6. The amount agreed upon covers the photographer’s time, talent, proofing and editing. It also cannot be changed or altered by any means.
7. The contract is based on Jewell Photography’s current pricing at the time of booking. The price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed. (Applies to all product orders and collections)
8. It is understood that Jewell Photography is the exclusive official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested on this contract. No other photographer is allowed to take photos at the wedding or engagement session unless expressed permission is given by Jewell Photography.
9. Jewell Photography will choose the best images from he engagement session (if applicable) and the wedding day. Jewell Photography does not show un-edited images, nor involve clients in the process of choosing which images will be chosen for the final gallery. A great deal of time is spent going through each image individually. Please rest assured that you will only be shown the best of the best and images that are unappealing (i.e. eyes closed, unflattering facial expressions and most definitely, any images that do not meet Jewell Photography’s standards will get deleted immediately)
10. The wedding images will be displayed in an online gallery within 4-6 weeks of your wedding day. The online gallery will be available for 8 weeks. If you wish to order prints then ordering should be completed in that time frame, ($25.00 will be charged for each additional week that you request the gallery remain available).
11. Please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery of prints and 3-4 weeks for all custom products such as albums and canvases.
12. Please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery of print release usb after the online gallery has been posted.
13. Two plates of food must be provided at the reception for the photographer and assistant if requested.
14. An itinerary must be provided to the photographer before the wedding or a timeline should be discussed and created between the client and Jewell Archie.
15. If the wedding is located more than 4 hours away from Austin then a hotel room must be booked and paid for by the client for Jewell Photography.
16. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING COPYRIGHT: It is illegal to copy or reproduce the clients photographs elsewhere without Jewell Photography’s permission, and violators of the Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. All photographs, both on Jewell Photography’s website, blog, Instagram or Facebook page, including all potential proofs and purchased prints, are copyrighted, reproduction of any image by any means, including copying, reprinting, screen captures, and the other means of print production are strictly prohibited and are a violation of the copyright law. Additionally, it is illegal to post any of Jewell Photography’s work not he internet, blogs, and social networking sites, without the express permission go the photographer. The only exception to this is if you have purchased the print release USB provided to you by Jewell Archie.